Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound alarm display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rency

Hi, I have completed a sound alarm display project and was wondering what other applications it can be used for. Below is a brief description of the behaviour of the system.

Basically, the project was designed to take audible sound as its input and based accounding to the level of frequency variation in the sound, the LEDs will vary accordingly.

Any thoughts will be welcome.

rency

"Level of frequency variation"???

Do you want to measure the level of the sound or measure the frequency of the sound?
Or do you want to measure how much the frequency changes?
Or do you want to measure the level of separate frequencies of sound?

Maybe you want to make an audio spectrum analyser. There are lots of circuits in Google.

Attachments

• audio spectrum analyser.JPG
    audio spectrum analyser.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 286
Let me clarify, I have completed a project in constructing a "sound alarm display" module that may be used to quantify the risk levels and obtain evidence for subsequent court action that may result from hearing damage sustained by the employees and/or the public. My question was to simply to find out if it can be used for any other applications.

The circuit operation is describe below;

The sound level is amplified to a proportional
voltage waveform and the resultant charges
are stored in a capacitor whose voltage turns
on a number of transistors thus creating a LED
bar graph effect.

Can any body think of any other applications for this project or what it can be use for other than sensing level of noise?

rency

a quick check of db at a race meeting or similar events

Hearing damage is caused by the sound pressure level PLUS the duration.
Legally a worker can work for 8 hours per day in a sound pressure of 90dB. Then after awhile their hearing will cause them to hear things without high frequencies like a telephone. The law says if they can still hear speech then the damage is acceptably legal. The law doen't care about hearing music or hearing a smoke detector.

Do you want a young worker to have permanent hearing loss so they hear things like somebody who is 100 years old?

Your circuit doesn't measure the duration, it just measures the peak sound level. Then it is not legal.

Maybe your circuit can be used to alert somebody with hearing damage that their home is on fire!

Hi, I am trying to design a PetitPrix Racer, what type of transducer should I be looking at?

Rency

Hi, I am trying to design a PetitPrix Racer, what type of transducer should I be looking at?

Rency
You hyjacked this thread.
You should start your own thread and explain what is a PetitPrix Racer.
What do you want the transducer to detect? Sound? Light? Vibration?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back