Sony TC 630 RTR start capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

popatop7308

I put in a new start cap 1.5uf 250 v. with 2 terminals. The original cap had 3 terminals a 1.5uf a 0.5uf and a "C" connection it is a 50~ 60~ switchable machine. 2 black wires 1 green wire and 2 brown. I hooked up the 2 black and green up to the new cap. I terminated the 2 brown wires. The machine runs at the correct speed now but my left VU meter then my right VU quit working shortly afterward. I don't know if the brown wires I disconnected had anything to do with it or not. My schematic only shows 2 black to common green and brown wire to 1.5uf and a single brown to 0.5uf. obviously, I have done something wrong. Any advice or help would be appreciated thank you Dan in indianapolis

Hi Summitville, Thanks for the reply. I am trying to find a link so I can post the schematic. I'm not having a lot of luck. I have been trying to attach a file but it is too large. Just wanted to let you know I am working on it. thank you, Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…