Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony KV G 14 Q1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sira_c

Dear friends
I just found a Sony KV G14Q1 box in my office store and it is still working so as I still love CRT. The colors, sound, and tunning is working well. when I got this the screen has shifted to the right side. then open than the back cover and noticed the +B smoothing capacitor got dry sold points so then I re-sold them and adjust screen size on service mode. first I initialize all settings.

however, I notice below screen issue while watching. I tried to find the Schematic but, couldn't find them

1. some times vertical height changes a very small amount. I think if the picture got more white, color this happens (this is what I believe). this is only can identify if we reduce the screen size to the margin of the screen and focuses it.

2. The top of the screen, some logos and letters are out of shape.

can you please advice me if you are able to find the diagram and what are the components are needed to be replaced to have a good quality picture of this TV? I used to replace 160c capacitors longs ago but now all forgotten

Thank you

sira

That's sounds perfectly normal for CRT, not a fault at all.

The picture size change is called 'blooming' and is due to EHT regulation - EHT voltage drops as beam current increases, resulting in a smaller picture. Some distortion at the top of the picture is probably normal as well, it's a TV not a computer monitor.

Thank you Nigel
I think this TV is 20 years old so do you think that any capacitors are needed to be replaced?

Thank you Nigel
I think this TV is 20 years old so do you think that any capacitors are needed to be replaced?

Probably not, Sony generally used high quality components, the massive capacitor failures problems were caused by manufacturers fitting sub-standard components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back