Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony HCD 8X20i CD player repair help

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd93

Hi, I have a Sony HCD 8X20i that isn't reading CDs. I originally changed the optical pickup, that didn't solve the problem, the next step is the cdp motor, it's spinning, but never spins up to speed. I'm not sure if this is the right step, or if I may have gotten a bad optical pickup. Am I right in thinking it's possibly the motor? Or should I try another optical pickup? Is there a way to test the pickup? It's a KSS-213D pickup. The part number for the cdp motor is: X-2162-709-1 (from what I've read, and found from searching the internet) Is there a suitable motor that would work? I appreciate any and all help I can get!

Thanks!
Todd

Hi Todd......Generally it is always good policy to replace the spindle motor whenever your replacing the Laser Assembly ( Optical Pick-up), for a few extra dollars, it saves time and frustration in the long run as i have experienced over my 20 years of doing repairs !!..... When you load the disc, does the display show the TOC ( Table of Contents....tracks, time, etc) ?....if not....You can be sure the spindle motor is not getting up to speed to latch onto the laser pulse which quickly scans the disc from start to finish. Also check the pick-up is sliding freely along the rails as these can become sticky over time with dust adhering to the original lube !!.....I hope this helps......Regards Raimon :)

dont forget to unsolder the protective point in the optical unit, may be the laser is no ligthing because
u didnt remove it.
look for the red spot on the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back