Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony Bravia KDL-40SL140 LCD TV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organoid

Ok.. A week ago the ceiling fan fell from the ceiling due to a defective mount&housing from the ceiling to the mounting bracket...(i know.. some of you are saying what does this have o do with a TV? but others must know what im talking about..) and in the process ripped the wires out of the fan and was left hanging from the white wire only. The fan circuitry connected the wall switch to the side wall where the television and other electronics are. I thought i had a surg protector but it turns out it was a normal power strip. All of the power went out on a four wall axis due to the fan.

Now that the potential cause has been clarified.. now for the problem... I was finally able to get the fan and new housing and everything back together and turned the power on. Found out that the dvd player worked, the playstation 2 worked, but the TV did nothing... i stared at it and it looked me straight in the eyes and seemed completely dead.... no led light indicating it was receiving power at all. It had been a year and twomonths since it was purchased.. unlucky me. passed manufacture warranty anyway... so i unscrewed the pack panel to look at it... found nothing was obviously blown.. the connectors for cable and hdmi and other stuff had nothing wrong with them hat i could see... so i went online and did some research and found out that the common problem had to be in the power supply (duh right?) so i focused my attention there.. looked at everything.. unplugged and unscrewed everything and looked at the other side for any obvious burn marks on the board.. none.. so then i focused on detail of the thingys on the board (i know nothing of how a circuit board works.. just that if theres a discoloration or poped/expanded whatevers..) so i continued to look and found nothing... after a day or so i finally found one small possibility that may be wrong... i dont know if it is due to just finding it out before typing this.. but the thingy that i have pointed on the picture has a very very slight bulge at the top of it.. not enough to be seen but enough when you graze your finger over it its obvious.... im hoping to know what is possibly wrong with it before i breakdown and buy a new board.... ps... i dont know how to check if the fuse is broken either... the sides are silver and the cylinder is pure white so i dont know how to tell if its blown or not.... but i do know one thing... the tv is unresponsive with whatever i do...

this picture is the same board i have except i have taken it from a seller on ebay... i have pointed out where the possible problem is but im not sure...

Attachments

• p1150079.jpg
    p1150079.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 885
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back