Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sonar form radioshack

Status
Not open for further replies.

antek

Hi everyone, I've got question :I just bought distance meter from radioshack that was without the box so the price was 10.99 form 40.00
and that main question can i change it for a robot part if yes so how
thank you for every answer

do you have a part number/ any other info on it?

Chances are it uses an ultrasonic transducer to measure distance. It sends out a very high frequency sound wave, which will echo off an obstruction and bounce back to the transducer which measures the amount of time this takes. multiply this time by the speed of sound and that's your distance. This is the same way that sonar works too.
There is plenty of info about this on the net. just search for ultrasonic transducer or something

there are plenty of ways that this could be adapted to a robot. You need to provide an example of what you want do though. . . do you want to go way complicated or simple?

for example, you could use the transducer to tell the robot when it is 5 inches from the wall. the robot would then be programmed to go off in some other direction.

The problem though is that all of the calculations would be done digitally, so in order to feed into the robot how far away it is from the wall, a way to convert those digital signals to signals that can be used by your robot would hav to be obtained. thats not my field though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back