Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sometimes copy and paste into LTspice, sometimes not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi
I am trying to copy an LT spice schem and put it into another LTspice file. (using "duplicate)
It wont let me do it.

Sometimes LTspice lets me do this. Sometimes not.

Is there any gauranteed way to do it?

If you have both windows open at the same time, you should be able to cut from one window and then paste into the other.

Thanks, i did have both open at the same time , but it wont let me copy and paste from one into the other.
Maybe it was too many nodes...i was trying to paste a PFC circuit into a schem with a Buck converter.

Thanks, i did have both open at the same time , but it wont let me copy and paste from one into the other.
Maybe it was too many nodes...i was trying to paste a PFC circuit into a schem with a Buck converter.

Both schematic windows have to be within the same LTspice session.
Make sure to click in the schematic window before pasting.

I cannot recall an opportunity where I could not copy, no matter "size" (number of components.)

Last edited:
i did have both open at the same time , but it wont let me copy and paste from one into the other.
Describe exactly how you did the copy and paste that failed?

Thanks, sorry I dont have it open any more, i am just wondering if i had two different LTspice sessions open at the same time...maybe that was it.

gets me every time...! If you have 2 LTspice sessions open, the copy function, F6, does not work. It only copies from one circuit to another inside the same LTspice session.

If I had a pound for every time I had been got by that one.... (the US readers can use $1.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back