Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Something to give a Cat a jolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea how I make some sort of battery powered device, and step up the voltage (from, say, 9V) to enough to give a cat a jolt? This should be a fairly unpleasant jolt, but not enough to harm the cat. I know this will probably involve a transformer of some kind, but what kind? Where would I buy one? Thanks!

actually if you can find someone with a disposable camera, the flash out of them usually gives a serious jolt.....i know from personal experience, all you have to do is alter a few components and that's only from 1.5 volts, maybe it would work fine if you hooked up a nine volt battery too.

Is it so necessary to hurt the poor animal this way? :(

I agree with kinjalgp!

You could make a device that would sound a loud dog bark, or even an ultrasonic device that will make the unwanted cat go away (every animal can't stand at leat one frequency and therefore runs away from it).

i agree. such information is best not posted here.
cobow :)

poor cat....what did it do to you?
maybe try something, if you want to keep the cat away from something, make a simple device, use a resistor and a 10uF cap and a button and a transformer from 3,4,5,69 or what you have to 220V. use it in reverse.
the energy is small enough to make something annoing for the cat, but it will not hurt at all. i tried it on me. of course, i am more resistand to electricity than your cat.
but still i would think of another thing to get your cat away from something or punishe it. try an ultrasoun and maybe associated with a power ful light or something. it is better.
and about the idea to use a dog bark, it will scare the cat for the beginning, but after some time it will get used to it and it will just ignore it.

and about the idea to use a dog bark, it will scare the cat for the beginning, but after some time it will get used to it and it will just ignore it.

In that case, get a dog :lol:

As a member of a household of 11 cats, I find that a squirt of water from a spray bottle works just as well, and doesn't hurt anybody :D

Water Bottle

That's what we always used to discipline the kitties. Works very well.

i dont have a cat so cant give many advices. i never thought of an idea other than an electroninic thing.
the idea with the water could work fine.

Dave the Embalmer said:
Anyone have any idea how I make some sort of battery powered device, and step up the voltage (from, say, 9V) to enough to give a cat a jolt? This should be a fairly unpleasant jolt, but not enough to harm the cat. I know this will probably involve a transformer of some kind, but what kind? Where would I buy one? Thanks!

Flummoxed!

kinjalgp said:
Whats the matter Mat? :evil:
:evil:

You are not very conversant, " Has the cat got your tongue"
What's it all about Kinjalalfie!.....

Yeesh, no offense, but some people really need to reorient their head to a position outside their butt 8) .

I love cats, and I have two of them. Problem is, they keep fighting. Not the playful kind, but the tufts of fur missing kind. I've owned several other cats before, and they eventually stop, but these two are particularly bad. I've tried water (they ignore it, even if its a super-soaker) throwing magazines (they resume shortly). I don't want to hurt the cat, as I said, I just want something that is unpleasant (I will be testing it on myself first, and when I find the level I want, I'll probably reduce it by 1/4th, just to be safe on a cat-sized critter). I'll look into that stun-gun design, but I'll want to REALLY reduce the output on that. Thats way above the levels I want.

YEESH YOW!

Is it tigers you have as your home pets? ....if so a harmless current may not be the answer, a safari suit and a 12 bore shotgun might bring the little darlings into line, seriously you are "obviously" a great lover of domestic pets and know how to care for them having given them the sanctuary of your loving care, you say you need a device to stop what animals do naturally after all they cannot speak for themselves but i can adequately speak for cats and other animals who need a good whupping as you might put it, the idea of using an electronic device to subdue cats having a ding dong is only natural for them,... unlike us civilised humans who would never give it a thought??,...Repeat you have objects around in some everyday consumer products that could easily be converted into a cattle prod, it is not voltage that harms it is current, as little as milliamperes, you dont need to ask on this forum how to inflict,.. you have the w.w.w. for that, best just put the poor souls out of their misery i could send you a cct that would put your mouth where your arse is but have you given an e-mail address?............

Re: YEESH YOW!

Three things:

1. Don't patronize me.
2. Don't threaten me.
3. That's about all I got out of your post. If you wrote coherently, maybe I could understand what you were trying to say.

Mat said:
i could send you a cct that would put your mouth where your arse is but have you given an e-mail address?............

:roll:

Re: Flummoxed!

Mat said:
kinjalgp said:
Whats the matter Mat? :evil:
:evil:

You are not very conversant, " Has the cat got your tongue"
What's it all about Kinjalalfie!.....
Instead of saying something to me why don't you just have a look at what you had written just above my post. Its "Dave the Embalmer's" post within quotes and nothing more. Well, now we all know that you are very genious and have learned how to quote a post. :lol: But quoting someones post got to have some purpose. Not to leave it as it is without writing anything below it. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back