Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Something to give a Cat a jolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: YEESH YOW!

Dave the Embalmer said:
Three things:

1. Don't patronize me.
2. Don't threaten me.
3. That's about all I got out of your post. If you wrote coherently, maybe I could understand what you were trying to say.

Mat said:
i could send you a cct that would put your mouth where your arse is but have you given an e-mail address?............

:roll:
Incoherent!!.... i think i gave a calculated but sensible legible answer to your quick fix request, i cannot however patronize you from many k miles even through a technical telephone, ( THAT IS CALLED THE INTERNET) i have never threatened you as you claim, you only feel vulnerable now because i have exposed your lack of vocabularly & intellect, if you feel you need to continue this surely not ?..can you at least instead of (1) (2) (3) in your text possibly reach at least (5). A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!.

Re: Flummoxed!

kinjalgp said:
Mat said:
kinjalgp said:
Whats the matter Mat? :evil:
:evil:

You are not very conversant, " Has the cat got your tongue"
What's it all about Kinjalalfie!.....
Instead of saying something to me why don't you just have a look at what you had written just above my post. Its "Dave the Embalmer's" post within quotes and nothing more. Well, now we all know that you are very genious and have learned how to quote a post. :lol: But quoting someones post got to have some purpose. Not to leave it as it is without writing anything below it. :evil:[/quote

Ok Kinjabbering, straight to the point, can i say something! this site is excellent and benefits all who are interested in technical subjects through the thoughts ,ideas, suggestions of a world wide audience, although i have just recently joined the group and looking back at previous postings i recognise that 1 or 2 of your contributers that have more than the average postings who ask and answer questions that are bland but at the same time hint of technical knowledge, check it out, suspect these same people are plants designed to increase contributions to the site, the people can judge for themselves, 97% are genuine, please don't fire me i give good entertaiment.

Well, I personally don't have harsh feelings for anyone but being a moderator my duty is to keep the site clean and see that there are no useless topics posted. So sometimes I do have to scold members for doing that. Thats it!
Take care next time. :)

I give up. Mat just isn't worth talking to. (Talks to ME about vocabulary? Maybe if you could spell it right, I'd take you seriously... :roll: )

We need an ignore feature on these boards.

Hi Dave,

So hows the cats getting along?
My cats fight too sometimes.
Ive never found a way to stop it,
apart from stopping them when i'm there.

John

Hi,

I can appreciate the problem.
I have cats too, but no longer have any toms.
When cats get into a fight, it can do them quite
nasty damage.
It is not easy to separate them,
and a bowl of water is not welcome across the
kitchen floor.
And it takes time to put some water in the bowl,
cats damage each other quickly.

I was thinking that this is probably a problem
at the mealtimes for the cats.
If so maybe two areas could be for the cat food?

The problem i see with a hand held device for jolt
type of controlling cats, is that they may react
to your hand by association, when you dont expect it.

It might be better alter the situations that give
rise to fights. Maybe feed one separately?
Maybe get one neutered?

Hope you sort something out,
Regards, John

your solutions are not quite electronic, but they are good. i was thinking of a device that had some sort of a long tube and hold one end and have a shocking device at the other end.....

Dave the Embalmer said:
Anyone have any idea how I make some sort of battery powered device, and step up the voltage (from, say, 9V) to enough to give a cat a jolt? This should be a fairly unpleasant jolt, but not enough to harm the cat. I know this will probably involve a transformer of some kind, but what kind? Where would I buy one? Thanks!
try san quentin jail no batteries though current drain wee bit high, try step down tx to test connect one lead to bare ankle, moisten with soaked sponge, connect other lead to left testicle, make sure current on meter is at least delivered at 13 amperes 3Kv. if successful get someone to bury you.

how about making a remote control collar with the electrocution circuit on it?
or..........i don't know, i lost the idea/:p

Dumb animal may be dead.

Did you ever succeed in building your shock device for the cat's are you still living amongst us?.

you are looking for a stun gun. there are many discussions that involve stun guns in the electrotechonlineindex. but before you harm a cat, go a the website that is very much involved in killing cats (i saw one that features different kinds of torturing cats) so that you can decrease your urge to harm your cat.

Cat zapper!

#1 reason why cats & high voltage don't mix!!!! ;)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

:twisted:

Wolf[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back