Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

someone can help me modify this circuit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really never finish the charge, i.e. revert to the lower voltage, or does it just never turn on the LED?

There's nothing wrong with the circuit..it functions as designed by Scott...I've built several for charging lipo batteries and its a characteristic that the battery never appears full because the charging regime reverts to constant voltage with an end point of 4.22v/cell....so a small current will flow...but not enough for the led to remain lit...

You could add some sort of detection circuitry around the current sensing resistor to turn off charging but is it worth it...I think not..just disconnect when the led goes out

The original circuit published in the LM317, 1994 datasheet works OK.

Just add an LED indicator.

Attachments

• AAAimage03.gif
    AAAimage03.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 189
thanks for reply
above the circuit will never finish the charge even less current it draws..

now my problem is how to modify it auto turn off battery charger when has been fully charged.

but i have no point to modify it..

thanks for reply
above the circuit will never finish the charge even less current it draws..

now my problem is how to modify it auto turn off battery charger when has been fully charged.

but i have no point to modify it..

I would suggest you follow 'Chippies' advice, when the led goes out, disconnect the battery.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back