Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Somebody's trying to phase me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
On your dad they did the individual legs or were going to get to the second leg in time.

Correct, I wasn't aware you got similar problems above the legs - and as you say they did one first, with the other later (or would have been).

The big deal for me has been quitting smoking. Tried before and always went back but this time I actually stopped long enough (with help from chantix drug). They told me when they did the surgery if I didn't stop smoking I would just screw up all the work they did.

Yes, my dad stopped - in fact while he was in hospital waiting for the operation a guy on the same ward said he couldn't wait to get back out for a smoke again, and as it happened the surgeon walked in just then. The surgeon said, no problem - you can smoke this afternoon, because I'm discharging you, I'm not wasting my time doing the operation if you're not stopping smoking - there's no point.

in fact while he was in hospital waiting for the operation a guy on the same ward said he couldn't wait to get back out for a smoke again
When the late Mr JimB was in hospital with various breathing problems (she was not a smoker), it was amazing the number of "wrecks" from the pulmonary ward who would keep going outside for a quick smoke.
Some people just don't get it.

JimB

Correct, I wasn't aware you got similar problems above the legs - and as you say they did one first, with the other later (or would have been).

Yes, my dad stopped - in fact while he was in hospital waiting for the operation a guy on the same ward said he couldn't wait to get back out for a smoke again, and as it happened the surgeon walked in just then. The surgeon said, no problem - you can smoke this afternoon, because I'm discharging you, I'm not wasting my time doing the operation if you're not stopping smoking - there's no point.

Yeah, surgeons tend to get upset when we try to undo all their work and I can't blame them. Today I feel better than when I smoked but I smoked quite a bit. I am also one of those people who hates taxation and here in the US, state by state, cigarettes are taxed. Sum annual total, between my wife and I on an annual basis we were spending about $7,500 a year on cigarettes and that is a conservative estimate. That's about 4,758.51 British Pounds for my friends across the pond. Last year a two week Caribbean Cruise in the dead of winter cost us less. :)

While a good part of the damage will never heal at least I feel better as does my wife who also quit and maybe this winter Aruba. :) Fortunately my upper arteries are in good shape and my heart is in good shape. I also enjoy time spent with the grand children.

Ron

Hi Ron,
I wish you a full and speedy recovery.:)
Eric

Hi Ron,
I wish you a full and speedy recovery.:)
Eric
Hi Eric and thank you but it was going on 2 years ago. Takes about 6 to 8 months to get back to normal, well as normal as I can be. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back