Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some simple truths about hydrogen and HHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people are confused about using hydrogen to run your vehicle. It's obviously very explosive, which is why we switched to helium balloons. It's also obvious that trying to get your alternator to perform the electrolysis isn't the proper way, but the electrolysis would be done at home. A separate system, likely ran off of solar panels or a heat engine, would produce the hydrogen. At the moment electric cars aren't efficient enough. Batteries don't store enough energy, they're too heavy and solar panels don't absorb enough energy to run a car the way gasoline powered engines would. One day once battery technology and solar technology has improved, than they'll be the better cars. As far our engines not being able to run of hydrogen, kenetic energy is kenetic energy. The pistons can't tell the difference so long as you properly regulate the hydrogen, there's no issue.

So, what is your magical way to store sufficient hydrogen to drive a car 400 miles? Or, did you just feel a need... ?

John

How does a 270 deg. F Hydrox Fuel Torch Raise To 1000's of deg.?

I have been trying to find some one who could explain this. How does the gases from electrolysis of water burning at what I have seen open air 270 deg. F turn into 1000's of deg.? Any help here would be appreciated! You can pass your hand through the flame. Place it on an object and it gets VERY HOT. HOW?

Thanks

I remember in Regents Physics they had all these great formulas. Went up to the teacher and asked him one simple question. What is it between the 2 magnets. He said we do not know. In all the time that has transpired since then they still do not know!

PS. I know this thread is very old. Just hope some one reads it.

Well I can't tell you for a fact why that happens particularly due to the fact that I've never witnessed it personally. I can only imagine that the thermal energy from the hydrogen is more focused. So instead of irradiating (more) evenly in all directions, like fires fueled from fuel sources such as wood, it may Irradiate more linearly. Much like a lasers, which are still made from photons, but are focused. If this is the case, than it's possible that it's due to the fact that hydrogen only has one proton, so when you excite the electrons and it's not as chaotic as would be the excitement of electrons belonging to a more complex molecule or a more massive element. Which would seemingly explain the earlier claim made in this thread that there was a lack of light from the hydrogen flame because less energy was being loss on the infrared spectrum in multiple directions and on higher frequency wavelengths (visible light). Of course this is all speculation.

Please tell us more about your theory of how a flame in gas can be a laser?

John[/QUOTE]

500 miles? That is magical indeed. I'd like to see you make that distance in a truck or SUV without refueling. You can Google hydrogen storage at your leisure. If you like, you can start with the hydrogen LTAV balloon. Also since your unfamiliar with grammar, the SIMILE I used was to relate the kenetic attributes of the photons in a laser with the phenomenon he described (infrared radiation is still a form of electromagnetic radiation by the way). If you want more information, I suggest researching hydrogen masers and hydrogen plasma. However I'm not going to your local library to pick out the books for you.

500 miles? That is magical indeed.

I said 400 miles. Are you so blinded by your illusion of a hydrogen economy that you can't read? I haven't owned a car in the past 20 years that can't get 400 miles on a tank of gas.

Have you ever seen a hydrogen flame? What did it look like? Was it "linear" like a laser? You don't appear to have any idea what you are talking about.

You have also revived a long dead thread.

John

First off, be clear, are you arguing that hydrogen can't exist as a laser (plamsa)? Or that it is a scientific impossibility for hydrogen to be used as a fuel source? Please enlighten me.

Past twenty years? Ya ok sure, You sure you haven't been driving mopeds. Lol I'm sorry, 400 miles on a single tank, it's just your snide arrogance makes it hard to pay attention to you. However let's do a little math. The American MPG average is around 24 (your lucky to get this in most cars on the road). Typically a car holds around 15 gallons in the fuel tank. Around 300 miles is your maximum distance you can go before refueling. That's IF your car is tuned for maximum efficiency (most aren't). Now let me explain to you what a flame is. The flames you see are the photons (excited electrons) flying into your eye. The "heat" you feel are kinetic vibrations of the atoms and molecules steming that are a result of the infrared light that bounces off matter. Infrared light are photons as well, and you can't see them. So flames are nothing more than a super heated gas that gives off photons (visible and infrared) and thermal energy, and ionized super heated gases are... want to take a guess? Plasmas! That's right you got it! What else are plasmas? Lasers! Wow you're good at this! So if a laser is being directed at a material giving off NO elctromagnetic wavelengths in the visible electromagnetic spectrum direcly, please tell me what it would look like. Also this is all basic college level physics, the fact that you don't know this tells me that you're the only one that is ignorant, otherwise give a basis for your disagreement instead of only taking trash. Also I wasn't talking to you, you stuck your nose in someone else's business, you can also opt out of getting notifications, so if you're bothered by it, it's your own fault.

I don't understand why people are confused about using hydrogen to run your vehicle. It's obviously very explosive, which is why we switched to helium balloons. It's also obvious that trying to get your alternator to perform the electrolysis isn't the proper way, but the electrolysis would be done at home. A separate system, likely ran off of solar panels or a heat engine, would produce the hydrogen. At the moment electric cars aren't efficient enough. Batteries don't store enough energy, they're too heavy and solar panels don't absorb enough energy to run a car the way gasoline powered engines would. One day once battery technology and solar technology has improved, than they'll be the better cars. As far our engines not being able to run of hydrogen, kenetic energy is kenetic energy. The pistons can't tell the difference so long as you properly regulate the hydrogen, there's no issue.

Last edited:
An old thread about HHO has been revived.

HHO threads are always a source discontent and fruitless argument, this one is obviously going the same way and so I am locking the thread.

JimB
One of the ETO Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back