Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some info on AVRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
mramos1 said:
Looks like maybe a DNS problem, can you point your DNS to another ISP?

OR in your web borswer, type **broken link removed** and see if it comes
right up. If so, drop to DOS and do ipconfig/flushdns over and over (15 times) to try to flush it. You can hit up arrow ENTER over and over.. That might fix it.
Flushing the DNS cache 15 or so times doesn't seem to have made any difference. Downloads from www.atmel.com are still stalling. Darn!!!

Just got an email from Atmel saying they posted me the Technical Library CDRom which is supposed to have all the data sheets. Now hopefully I just need to figure out how to get the 45-MB AVRStudio file.

Anything else you guys think I'll need to download to get started?

Your recommendations for AVR chips? I've seen atTiny13 and atTiny45 projects that a fellow Ham did and they were pretty impressive.

TIA, Mike

So you are able to hit the pages and start pulling files without a problem and during the pull they stall?

What browser are you using? Is it only PDF files that do it?

Maybe download hit download.com and search/pull/run "adaware" and "spybot search and destroy". Just a thought if you do not have them on the computer.

mramos1 said:
So you are able to hit the pages and start pulling files without a problem and during the pull they stall?

What browser are you using? Is it only PDF files that do it?

Maybe download hit download.com and search/pull/run "adaware" and "spybot search and destroy". Just a thought if you do not have them on the computer.
I hit pages and start pulling files without problem but downloading goes very slow and then stops completely without any kind of an error message. Again, this is only when trying to download files from the atmel.com site.

I use FireFox but have also tried downloading using IE with same results.

Adaware reports that my laptop is fine. No mallware or adware.

good news (sorta')

I discovered that the 45.2-MB AVRStudio4 I downloaded from the Russian atmel.ru site (without problem) was in English and it installed fine. Now if I can just find some of the Data Sheets and Application Note files on the Russian site I may have a viable work-around to the atmel.com site download problems.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Regards, Mike

That is weird for sure.. Well you have the program so that is good.

It is not DNS if you get a start on the file. There was an MTU tweak, but if it is only atmel.com, I would not touch the machine. Maybe microchip has a new virus.. :) No I use both.

I also use firefox as well and no problem.. If you need a file, just yell.. But that is odd. Spybot found nothing?

Just received the Atmel Technical Library CD (free) and it contains Data Sheets for virtually all of their products as of October '06 so I'm pretty geeked.

I've got AVRStudio4 installed so I guess I'll be reading for quite a while and trying to figure out which few AVR devices to sample and what's required for programming them.

Thanks for the help guys.

Regards, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back