Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some basic gpio/ATTiny help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric123

First, please forgive me, I'm a Software Engineer by trade and very new to any actual electronics so it's quite possible I'm asking a very stupid question, but I've been stuck on this for a few hours so figured I'd ask the experts.

I'm using a ATTiny85 to send a signal to a gpio board (Devantech USB-I2C, but just using the pins as io not I2C) and can't seem to get it to work correctly. The USB-I2C board has an internal pullup resistor such that after setting the pin on the USB-I2C board to input the pin reads 5V. When I connect my ATTiny85, no matter if I send a signal on the pin connected to the USB-I2C or not, the USB-I2C pin always reads high.....

If anyone could provide me some insight on how this is supposed to work I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back