Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some advice for the final step of the haardware design of Scanalogic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

Some advice for the final step of the hardware design of Scanalogic 2

Hello,

some of you here know that i am working on scanalogic 2 (the second version of this logic analyzer **broken link removed**)

The problem is that i want to add some protection between the probes and the inputs of the logic circuits and the Micro controller.

I want to add something like 100K resistors at the input, but i am afraid it would affect the propagation delay as i am working on 25 MSPS.

I cannot post the schematic now, but the probes feed directly a 74374 D-Latch and an ATMEGA88 µC. and i want to add resistors inbetween the probes and the rest of the circuit.

Is is a good idea? what value should i use? is there another better practice?

(i don't think i can afford a buffer IC in terms of footprint space on the PCB...)

Thanks a lot for your advices...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back