Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid State Relays and PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric303

Hey everyone, I am a bit new to electronics. This is what I am trying to do: I got a 2006 BMW motorcycle, I have done a brake light upgrade(Whelen LED arrays). The stock brake light is a single filament incandescent bulb and it uses pulse width modulation. The bike computer changes the duty cycle to change the brightness on the bulb when you hit the brakes. I am looking for a relay of some sorts that would switch power directly from the battery to LEDS based on the changing duty cycle. I have paralelled a set of wires from one of the running/brake lights that could drive a relay input. I am currently using a mechanical relay and it hums along until you hit the brakes(works fine), but I feel in the long run it would be better to go to something solid state. I would want the relay to switch the power totally on and off and have a pure DC signal from the battery. What would be ideal is something with screw terminals and perhaps and adjustment for the switching based on the duty cycle.

Two minutes ago, I replied to this request on a different website's forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back