Solid State Relays and PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric303

Hey everyone, I am a bit new to electronics. This is what I am trying to do: I got a 2006 BMW motorcycle, I have done a brake light upgrade(Whelen LED arrays). The stock brake light is a single filament incandescent bulb and it uses pulse width modulation. The bike computer changes the duty cycle to change the brightness on the bulb when you hit the brakes. I am looking for a relay of some sorts that would switch power directly from the battery to LEDS based on the changing duty cycle. I have paralelled a set of wires from one of the running/brake lights that could drive a relay input. I am currently using a mechanical relay and it hums along until you hit the brakes(works fine), but I feel in the long run it would be better to go to something solid state. I would want the relay to switch the power totally on and off and have a pure DC signal from the battery. What would be ideal is something with screw terminals and perhaps and adjustment for the switching based on the duty cycle.

Two minutes ago, I replied to this request on a different website's forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…