Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for PIC BASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
some doubts in using Great cow basic...

ericgibbs said:
Hi Simran,

Download the GCBasic and install it.
Download the Crimson Editor and install it

Use the default directories both programs offer.

Load one of the GCBasic sample txt files into the Crimson editor window.

Press the F9 keyboard key, this should compile the txt program into a hex file.

In Crimson editor look under Tools/preferences

Give it a try

Sir,

Till now everything is going well... but some doubts

1. I wanted to know where the compiled hex files stored when we are using crimson editor...

2. I sometimes find a fault that Compile.bat doesnt work on some computers of mine... while on some it works... what could be the possible reason...

3. Are the last two IDE's that are available on this page working well... I wanted to know if the viruses in my computer arent affecting that because they are giving faults in my computer...

http://gcbasic.sourceforge.net/starting.html

Regards,

Simran.. :)

1. I wanted to know where the compiled hex files stored when we are using crimson editor...

Only the latest compiled hex file is stored in the GCBasic directory. If the file does not compile, then no hex file. Looking in the Crimson Editor output window, you should see something like this if successfully compiled:

---------- Capture Output ----------
> "C:\Program Files\GCBasic\Compile.bat" C:\PROGRA~1\CRIMSO~1\MCHP-L~1\FORUMS~1
Great Cow BASIC (0.9 6/10/2007)

Compiling C:\PROGRA~1\CRIMSO~1\MCHP-L~1\FORUMS~1 ...
Program compiled successfully!

Assembling program ...

Downloading program ...
> Terminated with exit code 0.

3. Are the last two IDE's that are available on this page working well... I wanted to know if the viruses in my computer arent affecting that because they are giving faults in my computer...

Have you got a chip programmed with GCBasic? I would suggest getting some sample programs done with the Crimson Editor first. Then, when you are comfortable with how GCBasic works, try out the other IDE's (they are relativey new to GCBasic).

Here's a program that you can cut and paste to try out. I think you said that you were using a 16f877? If it is a 16f877a then change the chip definition to that. Also change the chip mhz if using a different oscillator.

#chip 16f877, 20
#define Transmit PORTA.0 ;led output pin
dir PORTA.0 out

Start:
Set Transmit On
wait 1 s
Set Transmit Off
wait 1 s
goto Start

Last edited:
wow...

wow...

wonderful answers...

I like those... along with Sir Eric's ...

I'll definitely check it out...

Can you make a guess... Is that due to virus in computer or some other reason that compile.bat doesnt work...

Please answer... it doesnt matter the accuracy of its correctness....

Regards,

Simran..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back