Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soft starter for motor dc 7.2 volt hight amper

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi dod
My friends, I want to start circuit DC motor that take a high ampere and from time zero to one hundred (ie complete cycle engine) last for 10 seconds and the engine slowly round pick
The circuit is simple and low cost
& Amp motor final seven amps
And not to micro
I thank you for your help

There are probably sill some non-micro devices to drive mosfets to do what you want to do. I used the TPIC 2101 many years ago: **broken link removed** Apparently it is still available. Most of its functions are set with just resistors. Then you need a mosfet to handle the current.

There maybe some integrated controllers-drivers-mosfets. Have you tried searching the various suppliers, like Mouser and Digikey?

You could also buy a controller for model airplanes or cars very cheaply at Hobby King and others and use a simple NE555 circuit to control it.

John

Unfortunately, I can only write code in Assembly. It is quite easy to program an MCU to drive a logic-level mosfet to do what you want. If you don't have programming experience, I would recommend getting a controller for a few dollars and concentrate on the PWM generator, which is usually a 555-based oscillator, but any Schmitt inverter will do.

As you might imagine, model aircraft prefer a softstart, as the instant torque of an electric motor can overload the airframe and the controller.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back