Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soft-RS232 on 12F675 ~ Not syncning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PWM module is pretty cool too, though the example RGB Accent Light Controller below uses software PWM;

Mike

Attachments

• RGBX.JPG
    RGBX.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
cud u actually help me plsssssssssss. i need serious help dude.

:) hi!
this is divya sebastian here.
i am first year electronics student. now i shall explain the depth of my pathetic situation.i have leant no computer languages before...:confused: .and as a result i am in deep trouble when it comes to PIC . now i have been given a project , the jist pf which is as follows.

'' you are to design code debugg and demonstrate a system which shall enable the following mesage to be sent to a pc oer an rs- 232 connection

the message to be sent shall be ' ABC' ''

SO IS THERE ANY KIND SOUL OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME SORT THE WHOLE THING OUT... N TRY N MK ME UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE PIC thing.

well we r supposed to use a pic 12f675.

pls do mail me at divyasebastiank@yahoo.com

thanksssssssssss
:)

johankj said:
Hello all. This is my first post, althought I've been reading this forum quite a bit. Excellent stuff! Anyways, I hope there is someone out there that can help me with my little PIC-Chip. :eek:

I'm a novice with PICs, but I have a good project which require RS232. I have managed to to it with a 16F627, but I need ADC on a small footsprint, so I went for the 12F675.

After I rewrote the code to fit the 12F675, I just couldn't get it working. :( I was banging my head against the wall for weeks, but I just couldn't figure out why. :mad:

My suspicion is that I overwrote the OSCCAL values. I'm not sure if I can read the location of that value, since the programmer I'm using (Velleman) is not that good. If I jump to that address, as part of the recommended calibrarion routine, the PIC hangs. I'm pretty sure it's lost, is this what you would expect from an overwritten OSCCAL value? 3F3F, I'm not even sure what that transelates to in Opcode. I've ordered a proper programmer, which should arrive next week :D

BTW: Two good links to pages regarding OSCCAL:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I'll post my code below for anyone to check. Sorry for the mess, couldn't get the table thing to work. I've written it as simple as possible, with no trixi parts. Is my code ok? Does it do what I want it to do? (Which is to output an ASCII letter every now and then :p )

I'm gonna order a few more of those 12F675, and see if I can't get it working. Any advice on the above would be most appreciated, to recap: Is my code OK, and have I overwritten OSCCAL?

Does anyone know the aproximate frequency-range for the internal oscilator?

Oh, and the project I'm doing with this particular PIC is a circut that samples temperature and moisture, and sends it down RS232. I will actually use this on work. I'll post the whole project when it's done, if anyones interested. ;)

All replies are most welcome. And thanks again everyone for an excellent forum.

I am not going to write the code for you, but I can point you in the right direction:

Nigel Goodwin has some good tutorials for PICs, and he also describes a software based RS232. The 12F675 Doesn't have an inbuilt hardware USART, which would make it easier. You will basically have to write a "software" USART. Look here for Nigels tutorials:

I will be happy to try to answer any technical questions. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back