Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So what really is this "breaboard noise" all about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted: hahahahahahahahahahaha
Who is deleted? Not me because I just talked on the phone to my wife who is at our daughter's house nearby. She went with her mother to an Easter Banquet while I stay at home taking care of our dogs, looking at **** on the internet, playing with my toy helicopters and drinking lots of BEER.
My wife's mother is staying with us for a few months and her memory is failing.

Edit: BURP!

Last edited:
Who is deleted? Not me because I just talked on the phone to my wife who is at our daughter's house nearby. She went with her mother to an Easter Banquet while I stay at home taking care of our dogs, looking at **** on the internet, playing with my toy helicopters and drinking lots of BEER.
My wife's mother is staying with us for a few months and her memory is failing.

Edit: BURP!

And my wife is at at the Church. I'm nursing some wine.

OBTW. I have adopted your diet mostly chicken and fish. I have also cut back on the whiskey, drinking wine. LMAO :D

Last edited:
I havent drinked (spelling for drunk or drank) whiskey, for many years. Shucks, the liquor store is closed and the nearby wine store is also closed due to this Easter holiday.
I am nursing (?) no I am drinking lots of BEER. When I can't count them and can't open one then I have had enough. BURP!

I havent drinked (spelling for drunk or drank) whiskey, for many years. Shucks, the liquor store is closed and the nearby wine store is also closed due to this Easter holiday.
I am nursing (?) no I am drinking lots of BEER. When I can't count them and can't open one then I have had enough. BURP!

hahaha...... To the Good friday:) Burp!

Mickster said:
What's the Mandarin translation for "trip-trapping"?
Wow, I have made a mistake replying to you thinking that you will play nice. Wouldn't happen again.

audioguru, you and carbonzit have introduced me to a new concept that I just realize was given a name called "Parasitic capacitance" upon looking around the web.
Wikipedia said:
parasitic capacitance can exist between closely spaced conductors, such as wires or printed circuit board traces.
This is very interesting to me....
It's almost like a paradox within itself...as things gets smaller....nature somewhat forbid it to work "as expected" due to this "parasitic capacitance"...hmmm we seems to get away pretty well with it with all our miniaturization...this is so facinating...I am going to read all about it.

Do you suppose any one use this "parasitic" effect as an advantage ?
I know I know the answer is probably "yes, they call it capacitors" but I am just wondering, did anyone in the history of electronic circuit design utilize this effect as part of the design when they are designing the electric pathways in a PCB or perhaps even building constructions ?

Wikipedia said:
Proximity effect:
Another similar effect that also increases the resistance of the wire at high frequencies is proximity effect, which occurs in parallel wires that lie close to each other. The individual magnetic field of adjacent turns induces eddy currents in the wire of the coil, which causes the current in the conductor to be concentrated in a thin strip on the side near the adjacent wire. Like skin effect, this reduces the effective cross-sectional area of the wire conducting current, increasing its resistance.

Parasitic capacitance:
The capacitance between individual wire turns of the coil, called parasitic capacitance, does not cause energy losses but can change the behavior of the coil. Each turn of the coil is at a slightly different potential, so the electric field between neighboring turns stores charge on the wire. So the coil acts as if it has a capacitor in parallel with it. At a high enough frequency this capacitance can resonate with the inductance of the coil forming a tuned circuit, causing the coil to become self-resonant.
Wow Wow Wow...electronic is soo intriguing... we have really come a long way from Horse riding to where we are now...

Last edited:
50 years ago when I was a teenager RC airplanes operated at 27MHz and were large, heavy and expensive.
Now my RC airplanes are small, lightweight and cheap and operate at 2.4GHz.

After viewing the rest of Bracer's Youtube videos, it it clear that I was wrong in my assumptions and for that, I apologise.

My first post in this thread (#4) has an addition to reflect that.

You are forgiven Mickster.
I would buy you a Beer if this is real life :)
[I would buy you one but I personally had never drink beer or alcohol before, I will just get orange juice :)]

Last edited:
I should be the one buying, not you...

Stick with the orange juice though, beer/alcohol only clouds the judgement and you are better off without it. ;-)

FWIW, what originally aroused suspicion was the rapid speed at which you went from asking basic questions, to debating, in this thread:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com...2-green-led-in-series-connected-to-6v.117291/

Upon reflection, after viewing your other Youtube videos and checking out your personal website (after you added your Tricorder video in the first page) you appear to be a very fast learner and possess quite a high degree of talent.

With that said, I'm sure other members would likely be interested in what you are working on and it could possibly benefit you to fill out your profile and provide a link to your site in your sig...

Thanks Mick for mentioning his website. It's hidden in his avatar under his viewer profile.

Bracer, really liked the website. I'm to old and not familiar with some of the characters. How many are your original artwork?

I like Ironman. :)

Last edited:
Aww come on....please continue... ha ha ha

The Evangelion is from the Anime and everyone knows where Ironman is from.
The other 3D works are of my design.

Sorry for the extensive questions, my goal was to create my own Tricorder, so far so good.

The final frontier would be to wired up a color LCD to make the Tricorder truely come alive.
It is hopeful that with the friends that I made here, when the time comes, I will be doing it with friends surrounding me showing the way.

**broken link removed**
This site has not been updated for a while because it really difficult to update and do at the same time, I will get back to it when I am done.
What you will be seeing in this link is already outdated.

Warning, it wouldn't take long reading this link for anyone of you that have spoken to me to know that my level of understand and basic intelligent in the matter is near borderline retardation.

Please please please forgive me...I am really not that smart to begin with.
I do not know why I am apologizing for my stupidity, I just have this feeling that all of you will be laughing your pants off looking at how I struggle with basic electronics and it makes my face really red and stuff.

Maybe putting out this link is a bad idea...I don't know, it seems I have made some friends here so lets see :)

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. Helps us to know who you are and will keep us in the loop if you decide to stick around. I have done some time in Drawing tutorials and have seen you long before this site.

Keep up the good work. You are far from stupid and very talented.

Edit: I work with people like yourself everyday. ( Very fun people to be around )

I don't seem to fit in with most folks I come into contact with, they don't get me.

Here, and at work. I am able to be the student instead of the Teacher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back