Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So quiet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Strange hey????

Things should be buzzing now....new owners...lot's of Internet exposure.......it has all got slower. Crazy.

And it's not about "Internet trends" with Forums and cycles and all that. Dead is dead.
I can only joke so much....tonight....nobody to even joke with :(

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Just fixed the spelling for you tvtech. Hope you don't mind ;)

It's a summer weekend with perfect weather for outdoors here. I'm taking a breather here between vacations.

Wait a minute weren't the trolls getting blamed for the slow down earlier this year? :confused:

What happened there? They left and then what? No one came back any way? :rolleyes:

And it's not about "Internet trends" with Forums and cycles and all that. Dead is dead.

That it is ... quiet. If you listen closely, you'll hear a vowel being typed in a forum.

It is about "internet culture". How many schools are in session right now? That seems to be the source of a lot of questions in the homework area ... in most forums.

The hobbyists and professionals might be fishing or whatever other social activities they do in lieu of being here. I came home a couple hours ago after playing pool.

Find the niche and see which competitors are in that same niche. There are about 1,520,000 webpages that have "electronics" "schematics" and "projects" on the web.

The competition is stiff and you want people's most irreplaceable resource ... TIME. The competitors are websites, other forums, blogs, youtube, and to a certain extent, the various social media outlets.

The membership participation rate is not available to see how many "one and done" types there are or how many have not posted within the last 90 days.

Forums are like any other "business". They have peaks and lulls and the marketing efforts drive people to the sites. We don't know, nor do we need to know, the "bounce rate" of the various pages, that's something for the owners.

For example, membership numbers demonstrate to those seeking advertising space dictates the advertising costs. The more the merrier. I'm sure those paying know that membership numbers can be misleading and there is some discounting. Even if we used the 90-10-1 internet culture estimates, this forum has over 172,000 members. 1 percent would represent 1720 "recent posters" At another large forum where I am a member has an active membership participation rate within the last 90 days of approximately 1.35% on the snapshot I took last November. At a smaller forum, during that same period, they had a membership participation rate of 44.62%. The niche is different and the membership is not open to the general public. That forum had almost 50% lurkers, so the "real" participation rate was closer to 22%. To be fair, that second forum was a lot smaller, as their potential membership ranks would be less than 50,000 with 100 percent participation of every eligible member.

ETO's membership growth was about 1% since January.

There was an inquiry titled "Doubt in two's compliment" in the homework section. That same title appeared at EP, and a similar question was asked on AAC as well. Two of the three forums have similar names as the OP. AAC's was different, but it was the same question.

The forums that "answer questions", like most electronics forums, the participation rate will be small because the OPs who ask the question, rarely stick around for the long haul ... generally speaking. The month over month growth isn't in double digits' well it is if you use two digits to the right of the decimal point.

I'm sure you have some measurements to check on the financial health of your business other than Cash on hand. A forum is no different than any other "business", even if it's a "hobby".

Much better Tonight

Stuff happening again. Wonderful :).

Forgot to add....

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back