Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

snes to xbox controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powzoom

I'm trying to use a SNES controller on my original xbox. I understand how the snes controller works and I'm able to read its output. However, I can't find any info at all on the original xbox controller protocol. I know it's usb and I know someone somewhere must have done this before. I'd like to plug in my snes controller into a pic -> have the pic read it -> then have the pic send out an xbox signal to the xbox. Anyone have links to documentation or helpful info?

The Xbox controllers are USB, not really recommend to go messing with them unless you're comfortable with manipulating USB data. Plenty of info on the net about them though.

For simplicities sake it would probably be easiest to simply gut the SNES controller completly and only use the buttons that would be wired to a hacked open XBOX controller, that way you don't have to deal with protocols from either one at all you're just re-wiring the switches. A little bit of soldering is all that's required.

Last edited:
For simplicities sake it would probably be easiest to simply gut the SNES controller completly and only use the buttons that would be wired to a hacked open XBOX controller, that way you don't have to deal with protocols from either one at all you're just re-wiring the switches. A little bit of soldering is all that's required.

That's the best solution, but also remember: Cut/scratch all the SNES controller PCB tracks, leaving the switches isolated from their original controller

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back