Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS with TOP244

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hi guys,

I´m repairing a treadmill board with SMPS integrated. It uses TOP244YN. The power supply is not switching on. I can see the 320Vdc at drain pin but not switching. I have checked the external components involved with TOP244YN and I don´t see anything wrong. I have replaced the the TOP244 by a TOP245 and same behavieur. The coils of transformer seems to be all good, so I don´t know why it don´t try to switch on as start up bias.

I attach a very similar schematic extracted from TOP244YN datasheet.

Attachments

• SMPS muy parecida.gif
    SMPS muy parecida.gif
    38 KB · Views: 1,083
Check R4 2M ohm to pin L, If this is open circuit or gone too high then it wont start. It kick starts the SMPS.

Thanks, I already checked that, there are two resistors in series of 1Mohm, they are good.

What voltage is at pin X?

I have found SMD D2 damaged, after replacing is still not working, only when I switch off AC power I see how it tries to switch on, I think may be also U2 and TL431 can be involved with the problem. I don´t have time to continue with this until next week, I´ll keep you informed about what I have found. Thanks.

Any failure of D2/U2 and associated components would result in lack of feedback to pin C, so the SMPS output voltage would rise uncontrollably and do mischief.

OK, after changing the U2, VR2 (TL431), D2 and U1, I see how it tries to switch on but pulsing... so some more problem on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back