Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smooth Analog Stepper Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Scott

:eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• analog stepper.jpg
    analog stepper.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Hi Bob,

I think you'll never gonna get that oscillator working at 16 kHz.

on1aag.

Attachments

• ICAN-6883.zip
    247.1 KB · Views: 133
The needle in a phono cartridge tracks the groove on a vinyl record.
Why does your tone arm need a motor to move it? Is its low friction bearing seized?

I haven't used my Shure cartridge for about 20 years. I think its needle has a weight in the groove of about 2 grams.

Guess the OP wants one of these things.
I doubt it's a stepper though, probably a long worm gear and a synchronous motor.
**broken link removed**

blueroomelectronics said:
Guess the OP wants one of these things.
I doubt it's a stepper though, probably a long worm gear and a synchronous motor.

Certainly not a stepper (could you imagine a worse choice?), and certainly not a syncronous motor either - it's a simple DC motor feeding a long worm gear, as part of a servo system. The arm has a small amount of horizontal movement, so tracks across the record as normal - at the rear of the arm is a slotted opto-coupler, and as the arm tracks it blocks the slot - this triggers the DC motor which moves the pivot point of the arm to catch back up again. A CD tracks in a very similar way, but with no mechanical contacts or sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back