Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougadam

Please could you help in identifying the component which has blown
on the PCB board (attached file) . I first thought it was a fuse but could not find any that would fit the size (rated at 240vac) I am now thinking it could be
a EMI/RFI component but not sure.The same type of component can be seen below and to the left of the blown one
Thanks

Attachments

• MarkPCB1.JPG
    MarkPCB1.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
looks to be a smd resistor, if you could get a closer shot of the component it would help, try holding a magnifying glass over the board and taking a picture of the image in the magnifying glass.

actually it probably IS a fuse. there are SMD fuses on the market, and in use in equipment. first find out what caused it to blow (judging by the black marks around it, it's something with a dead short)

Last edited:
Smd

Hi
It was a SMD resistor with zero ohms used as selection option instead
of a link, I have now replaced it and the board is running O.K.The reason
for the short circuit was water getting into the three way valve because
of seal damage.
Thanks for the reply's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips