Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smallest controlable led light

ricb007

Hi experts.
Can you point me to the smallest WiFi or Bluetooth controlable, multi colour LED light.
I need 10, and they need to fit discreetly within the size of a 5 pence peice.
Thanks

A sandwich of a coin cell, and a BLE part, and led (RGB). BLE modules down to 3 x 9 mm,
RGB leds to < 1 mm square , coin cells 5 mm to 25 mm diameter, your design doable I would think.

Regards, Dana.

I'm dubious you could fit what you want in the size of a five pence piece anyway, never mind a battery as well - a multicoloured LED (like the WS2812) is 5mm square on it's own, and a 5p is only 18mm diameter.
OP actually made me curious on his project :D It's not everyday you need to fit like 10 LEDs within such small surface area

Your requirements are either : under-powered or under-sized or both.
Please come back with better design specs. Your request is surreal.

I can't say to much but I just want to get info on the smallest controlable led and rechargeable battery available.
It would be similar to modern head phones. Individual chargeable units but with a multi coloured led to illuminate clear plastic.

I can't say to much but I just want to get info on the smallest controlable led and rechargeable battery available.
It would be similar to modern head phones. Individual chargeable units but with a multi coloured led to illuminate clear plastic.
Just make sure that whatever you choose is indeed rechargeable. Most small lithium coin cells are not.

This might help in decision of battery selection :

1685701359088.png

Regards, Dana.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back