Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small size diode needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna1

guys I'm looking for general purpose diode like 1N4148.
it should be small.(smaller than 1n4148).
surface mount solution is not going to work as they are very expensive.

I'm working on a circuit and need to use parts small as possible. i use 1/8w resistors and 1n4148 as diodes as they are small.

can you suggest me any diode that has smaller size than 1N4148?

current ratings are not a problem.

thanks

Only $24 per thousand

If shipping cost is a deal breaker then you need to find out what your local shops sell. If anything is "very expensive", you need a better shop. But this is an international forum and many of us have shopped all around the world.

Surface mount is not "very expensive".. In most cases SMD parts are cheaper.

If you can buy on ebay, you can get a hundred BAW56 from USA for usd$7.49 including international shipping. You could also get a hundred 1N4148 from Hong Kong for $3.50.

Last edited:
If shipping cost is a deal breaker then you need to find out what your local shops sell. If anything is "very expensive", you need a better shop. But this is an international forum and many of us have shopped all around the world.

Surface mount is not "very expensive".. In most cases SMD parts are cheaper.

If you can buy on ebay, you can get a hundred BAW56 from USA for usd$7.49 including international shipping. You could also get a hundred 1N4148 from Hong Kong for $3.50.
well in here normal one 1N4148 cost $ 0.01 and surface mount one cost $0.15

a 1N4148 is very small

@aruna1, how many of these are you looking for? Some time ago I bought a reel of ROHM 1SS400 diodes and another reel of ROHM RB715F (not RB175 :eek: ) dual Schottky common cathode arrays. The two reels cost me about a dollar, making my cost of each diode about $0.0005.

If they aren't too small for you to handle (SOD-523 1.6mm long; 0.8mm wide) and (SOT-323 2.1 by 2.0 mm), let me know if you can use them. I can attach fifty of each in 4" long cutouts in a 3"x5" card which will protect them quite well.

I'll check and see if I'm subject to any export restrictions. All I would ask is that you 'pay it forward' when it's possible. Send me a PM with an address.

[edit] Here are some data sheets. Note I corrected RB715F :confused: [/edit]

Attachments

• 1ss400.pdf
    129.7 KB · Views: 304
  • rb715f.pdf
    166.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back