Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small laptop TRANSISTOR amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank Ag I will fire up LT spice tonight :D. And cowboybob thanks for the links I will read through them.

Thank AG I have run it and its working fine :D, so I have a basic sim of the that circuit to play with. At some point I am going to build the equivalent circuit and one with the chip, then see what the differences are in the sound.
I was going to bread board but that seem's like a bad move, stripboard might do ok for the simple ones but to be honest Iam thinking it might be worth doing PCB's for the test boards, they are not that big or complex so time wise probably ok to make the pcb's, also I am getting out of practice again!

Here is the file for the 386. I'm not sure about the resistor in place of the current source. Maybe audio guru can help.

Attachments

• 386tx.png
    386tx.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 386 tx.asc
    3.9 KB · Views: 157
Thanks Ron! I like to sim then compare with the actual measurements I make, that is the kind of thing that appeals to my OCD :D

I fixed the sim of the LM386 by increasing the base current of Q10 and booststrapping it.

Attachments

• sim LM386.png
    sim LM386.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 149
I fixed the sim of the LM386 by increasing the base current of Q10 and booststrapping it.
Wow didn't realise till know that you came up with an equivalent LM386 using discrete parts. Because of the file name you gave your circuit.
Good work AG.
LG; you should have some fun with this one. I think it would be cool to compare the chip against the discrete amp side by side.

Wow didn't realise till know that you came up with an equivalent LM386 using discrete parts. Because of the file name you gave your circuit.
Good work AG.
I didn't and it isn't mine. It was in post #24 by RonV. I simply fixed it a little.

Thank's AG I will apply the changes :D. I did a 555 timer with the equivalent circuit, it does help you understand it better in some way's. I am also interested in how they compare
My problem is I forget to look at the equivalent circuits in the data sheet's.

As an LM386 doesn't have a bootstrap capacitor, presumably (as you would expect) it uses a constant current source instead?.
I cheated a little.

The LM380 is almost the same as the LM386 and its datasheet shows its current source:

Attachments

• LM380 and LM386.png
    LM380 and LM386.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 163
Just slightly off topic but in post 19 you said you had a friend & your description of him almost fits my son. Its a pitty the school doesn't take on your observations of the needs of disabled people. I like your style Little Ghost man. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back