Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small help for my pic project please

Status
Not open for further replies.

wejos

My problem is, aside from I'm new to electronics, I also live in the remote part of the Philippines, where electronic parts are really scarce. How remote? very very remote. Out in the woods :eek: Now, I bought this replacement part because the other one is not available, but I'm not sure if I should use it.

Here's the schematic diagram:

**broken link removed**

Here's what I think I should have bought (4 MHz ceramic resonator):

**broken link removed**

And here's what they only have (labeled 4.000 MHz):

**broken link removed**

The pins were different. The one I bought only has 2 pins when it should have 3.

Is it okay to use this? and do these pins have polarity? should I just ignore the GND connection?

And one last final thing. What does VCC there mean? does it mean +6v?

Thanks a lot in advance

It's hard to tell but it looks like a 2 pin resonator. Should be fine but you'll need to add a couple of 33pf caps one from each leg to ground

VCC is 5v, 4 AA NiMH will be about 5v when fully charged.

It's hard to tell but it looks like a 2 pin resonator. Should be fine but you'll need to add a couple of 33pf caps one from each leg to ground

VCC is 5v, 4 AA NiMH will be about 5v when fully charged.

Rechargeable batteries?

I have a Cannon AC-DC adaptor, 3-12v 500ma

It has 4.5 and 6 volts selection

Which one should I use?

Thank you very much for your help. I'll buy those 33 pf tomorrow :D

4.5V should be fine, but you'll need more than 500ma if you plan on running more than a couple of servo motors.

Okay thanks.

i'm just trying light up some LED and switch one or two 12v relay.

You were really a BIG help. Thanks again man.

I'm a newbie :D

Very interesting stuff here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back