Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broz

I swear, everytime I make a project I always have the hardest time finding suitable headers and connectors. I usually just make a compromise on what I want and don't get exactly what I want. I'm looking for some very small polarized shrouded headers. I usually just use 2.54 mm breakaway headers on my projects but I'm working on some very small radio control aircraft projects. It would be nice to find some headers similar to those used on Parkzone products, or the very popular Air Hogs products. So far in my searching at Digikey and Mouser I can't find anything like them. So either they are hard to find, or I'm not very good at finding things on these sites, though I don't really have a problem finding other types of components.

The pitch of these connectors on Parkzone and Air Hogs products is much less than 2.54mm and the pins are quite small. Anyone know of the types of connectors I'm talking about and know where I can find them? I'll be using a two pin header for charging a single lithium polymer cell.

While I'm making requests for parts, I could also use the smallest SPST switch available. I've found a pretty small SPDT switch, but that is more than I need and space and weight need to be cut down as much as possible.

Hirose makes some...I don't know what they were called though. We used them at work and they were #*($&*(@$ small.

I found plenty of shrouded headers on Digikey 1.27mm. Maybe give us a number of pins and rows and we could point out something more specific.

I don't know those miniature radio control connectors you are referring to but a 0.1" (2.54mm) latching type crimp connector system that I really like is made by Molex called "SL". They have all different types (see attached). You might want to give them a look. Digi-Key or Mouser has them.

creakndale

Attachments

• Molex_SL.jpg
    Molex_SL.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back