Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sleep circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hi friends

i need for a circuit or a sensor that could detect a person is sleep

thanks for any help

audioguru said:
A motion detector might do the trick.

it can not do the job very good, suppose some one is not sleep but dont do any motion too!?

epilot said:
audioguru said:
A motion detector might do the trick.

it can not do the job very good, suppose some one is not sleep but dont do any motion too!?
checking the biological params like , heart rate, breathe rate and skin temperature along with motion detection (+eeg) might work

[/quote]
checking the biological params like , heart rate, breathe rate and skin temperature along with motion detection (+eeg) might work[/quote]

i know that while we are sleep heart rate, breath and body temperature are chenging but dont know how i can use from a motion detector or any other kind of sensor to detect that the person is sleep?
can you please direct me to any circuit or link?

thanks

It is not possible to detect if a person is asleep or just still from a distance. People move in their sleep as well. Contact sensors will be required to be placed on the person. It is very complicated to reliably detect sleep. EEG is probably the only thing which would be truly reliable but this isn't done with a simple circuit.

What defines sleep?
Some people are "dead" when awake. :lol:

My son had a sleep analysis done in a lab. He woke 38 times in the night but thought he was continuously sleeping. The lab measured most of his biological functions to determine the wake times.
Maybe the measurements were "rigged" because the lab recommends that everyone they test should buy a very expensive "sleep-easy machine". The lab probably gets a nice commission from each sale.
The machine is so noisy and bothersome that it keeps users awake! :lol:

Some quack doctors (?) recommend an electronic circuit that makes magnetic brain-wave patterns under your pillow to help you sleep.
I think it would perform "better" under your car! What a load of crap. :cry:
Check-out its abrupt square-waves and the high-tech core :wink: for its coil:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/010/index.html

As already suggested, measuring or indicating "sleep" is not simple. There are different stages of sleep - a well known stage is REM for Rapid Eye Movement. Google on REM sleep and lots of stuff ought to appear.

as i said earlier only the combination analysis of the biological params like
heart rate, breathe rate,skin temperature,blood oxygen and eeg can detect sleep .. because these condition combination is hard to make conciously

I know train drivers have a lever that they have to pull to keep the train working, so if they fall asleep it doesnt run by itself. Although one driver did hang his backpack on the lever and when he left the carriage to check on a door that wouldnt close, the train left without him!

Megamox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back