Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SLA Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunghole

hi,

is there any circuits/schematics for an SLA battery charger that can deliver 3 amps or more (max 5 amps) at 14.4 to 15 volts? all i seem to be able to find are ones delivering up to 1 amp or less.

ta

Just use the LM350 instead of the LM317 as it can supply more current.
**broken link removed**

Is the Lead Acid Battery Charger also compatible for Sealed Lead Acid Battery's, and what amount of current will it give out? or will it give out the current i put in (3 amps)?

What is the ampere rating of your generator? Is it a wind generator?
What is the wattage of your solar panel?
Why did you start a new thread?

around .5 amps (it's more like a dynamo)
2 watts
i was looking for a boost converter, although when i started the thread, i didn't know of the exsistance.
there is also the fact that i am using this to power a PWM motor controller, which has rheostatic braking (if i remember correctly, it will also put power back in)

i found this, same as the other one, but with float function: **broken link removed**

i i use this, then it will enable me to use a 'shore supply' (a disconnect-able transformer unit powered by mains supply, when there is no sun or not in use due to rain or other reasons).

Last edited:
All you need is a shunt regulator:

Attachments

• charger.png
    charger.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 164
everything in the whole project (which the charger is part of) is protected. the battery output lines (BP and BN) have a 1 Pole + Neutral MCD, and the charger input has a Singal Pole MCD. they are all 16 amp types. i may add more batteries in series though, so i need to have a charger for the batteries i trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back