SLA Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunghole

hi,

is there any circuits/schematics for an SLA battery charger that can deliver 3 amps or more (max 5 amps) at 14.4 to 15 volts? all i seem to be able to find are ones delivering up to 1 amp or less.

ta

Just use the LM350 instead of the LM317 as it can supply more current.
**broken link removed**

Is the Lead Acid Battery Charger also compatible for Sealed Lead Acid Battery's, and what amount of current will it give out? or will it give out the current i put in (3 amps)?

What is the ampere rating of your generator? Is it a wind generator?
What is the wattage of your solar panel?
Why did you start a new thread?

around .5 amps (it's more like a dynamo)
2 watts
i was looking for a boost converter, although when i started the thread, i didn't know of the exsistance.
there is also the fact that i am using this to power a PWM motor controller, which has rheostatic braking (if i remember correctly, it will also put power back in)

i found this, same as the other one, but with float function: **broken link removed**

i i use this, then it will enable me to use a 'shore supply' (a disconnect-able transformer unit powered by mains supply, when there is no sun or not in use due to rain or other reasons).

Last edited:
everything in the whole project (which the charger is part of) is protected. the battery output lines (BP and BN) have a 1 Pole + Neutral MCD, and the charger input has a Singal Pole MCD. they are all 16 amp types. i may add more batteries in series though, so i need to have a charger for the batteries i trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…