Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

skin conductance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tykulcsar666

Hello,

I posted a question a while back regarding this simple circuit to measure skin conductance. I've been getting data for the project and it seems to be vaguely measuring conductance, but the data is noisy and the peaks aren't as distinct as they should be. I have an example of some data below.

Other than using better electrodes for sensing, looking to see how I can optimize hardware to eliminate noise. There is a 0.5 Hz low pass filter, but not sure of other ways to make the circuit more robust.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• skin conductance circuit.asc
    2.9 KB · Views: 142
  • funny.PNG
    funny.PNG
    283.4 KB · Views: 160
Add decoupling capacitors to the op-amp supply and to the R1/R2 junction.

Capacitor value isn't critical. I'd try (a) one 100uF (or something of that order) electrolytic, plus one 0.1uF ceramic across the power supply rails, and (b) another ~100uF electrolytic across R2.
Hopefully your circuit is built on a pcb and not on a breadboard (which is notorious for picking up noise).

Great thank you. The 100uF and .1uF across the power supply you’re saying in series?
Put the power supply decoupling capacitors in parallel.

Could you post a screen capture of the schematic from post #1? I can't open that file type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back