Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

six-phase sine wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3chass3r

Hi,

I would like to create 2 x 3-phase sine wave generator in the range frequencies from 12 Khz to 15 Khz and final voltage from +18 V up to -18 V down.

I think I must adapt this circuit schema and put an inverter to have 6 phase offset identical.

I need a very "pure" sinusoidal wave form Khz : is it possible without the need of dds electronic ?

Is all of this realist ?

Thanks in advance.

You may want to start by giving this a read. While it is a three phase circuit I would imagine two such circuits could be built and the input clock to the second circuit shifted. Another method might be the use of a pair of small mechanically driven 3 phase synchros or small 3 phase PM motors. I assume you want 60 degrees phase lead / lag?

Ron

A six-bit serial shift register would produce 6 phase square wave with 60 degree phase. It's a matter of shaping the square wave into a sine, then amplify the resultant signal.

ReLoadRon has a good idea. I started out with DDS because it works! Then tried several analog solutions including PLLs to get the phase shift.

https://www.techbriefs.com/content/view/1839/32/

After looking at the above link I have an idea.

A switched cap filter like the MAX291/292/295/296 can take a square wave and make a sign by removing the harmonics. The filters need a clock of 50 or 100x the frequency of what you want. Make 1.5mhz and using a counter divided by 100 to get 15khz. Now feed the 1.5mhz into the clock of the filter and the 15khz into the input. You will get a very clean 15khz sign wave out. The 100 (or 50) does not need to be exact. You should use a number that is dividable by 6, more on that later, so use 102 or 96.

Using the counter create 6 square waves in phase like the the sign waves you want. Use ideas form the link above to get started.

You will need 6 low pass filters like the MAX291 all having the same 1.5mhz clock. Each filter will have a square wave input 1/6 out of phase.

No I am not going to draw a schematic. I hope you can use some of the ideas. Look for data sheets and application notes on parts like the MAX291.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back