Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Site Displays Incorrectly on Mobile Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmartinez

DerStrom8, is this normal? This is the way this page is being displayed in my Samsung S7, using Chrome:

Image00001.jpg

DerStrom8, is this normal? This is the way this page is being displayed in my Samsung S7, using Chrome:

Unfortunately during one of our most recent software updates we apparently lost mobile browser support and now the stylesheets go all squiffy. Not sure if the site owners intend on fixing this anytime soon or not.

The display normalizes with the phone horizontally oriented... but the keyboard takes more than half the screen, so it's really uncomfortable...
Thanks, duh, I never thought to rotate the phone. :)

Ron

The display normalizes with the phone horizontally oriented... but the keyboard takes more than half the screen, so it's really uncomfortable...

I concur landscape mode corrects the problem with the left pane. But, the ads screw the overall width (they extend well past the right margin):

Screenshot_20180130-093250.png

Sorry, I guess the ads go away once you log in. No problem, then.

Hi all, I have moved these posts to their own thread at TCM's request. They warrant a thread of their own for discussion.

Regards,
Matt

In the last 6 months, some local newspapers started to display in weird ways. Reinstalling my browser solved most of it but for the stubborn ones , the "desktop" option solved the rest.

Specifically with ETO, the "desktop" modality as above, shows the whole page but so small that is unreadable. The solution, up to now is to have it in landscape mode with the limitations as per your post.

In my 9"6 tablet nothing of this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back