Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single supply op-amp circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6116

Hi guys,

I was looking at designing a signal conditioning circuit for a radiation sensor that outputs a max voltage of 0.2V. I want to scale the voltage output range from 0 to 3V for the ADC input. Since this is all done on a microcontroller with a battery source of 3V, I was wondering which op-amp I should use to accomplish this gain. I will also be using a boost converter that outputs 5V. I am assuming since normal op-amps require +-15V supply voltage, that I will need a single supply op-amp that requires maybe 3V-5V for power (getting the power from the batteries). Also circuit design tips would be very much appreciated. I am very new to this so bare with me if I don't make sense.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I was looking at designing a signal conditioning circuit for a radiation sensor that outputs a max voltage of 0.2V. I want to scale the voltage output range from 0 to 3V for the ADC input. Since this is all done on a microcontroller with a battery source of 3V, I was wondering which op-amp I should use to accomplish this gain. I will also be using a boost converter that outputs 5V. I am assuming since normal op-amps require +-15V supply voltage, that I will need a single supply op-amp that requires maybe 3V-5V for power (getting the power from the batteries). Also circuit design tips would be very much appreciated. I am very new to this so bare with me if I don't make sense.

Thanks!

hi.:)
You can buy single power supply opa's that will operate at 5V.

The outputs of the opa will swing very close to 0V and 5V.
Use the opa as non inverting amplifier.

Google for Rail to Rail OPA

Details and datasheet on part: OPA2350PA

Last edited:
Spliting the power supply to provide a virtual ground for the circuit can also be useful ( again with a rail to rail op amp ). This can be as simple as 2 resistors. It does not sound like this is particurlarly helpful for you applications, but may be for others reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back