Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Rx/Tx line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. If you can find a solution, then more power to ya. Intellectual honestry requires however that if your efforts prove fruitless you return to this thread and admit your failures, as well as crowing your successes. IMHO you will probably end up doing neither.

Since the OP seems to lack the background needed to properly articulate what it is they are trying to do. A drawing might help explain a few things. Trying to solve problems when the incorrect terminolgy is used and the overall picture is unclear, is not only confusing but a waste of time.
My suggestion is the OP post a diagram showing the problem.

I agree with Mikebits. It's not clear (to me) what the OP is trying to do. I offered a suggestion based on my experience but I'm not sure the suggestion applies to what he's trying to accomplish. If the OP wants any unit on the buss to 'inhibit' or take over the buss then I thought he would need some sort of "collision" or "busy" detection mechanism...

Regards, Mike

Last edited:
Space Varmit / Mike K8LH

Space varmit,

Mike K8LH

Maybe this is where the confusion is, only my PCB will have this feature of "master override"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back