Single Phase to 3-phase current regulated circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyler22

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out the best design for a project that I had in mind. I would like to use a wall 120VAC outlet as an input while outputting a regulated 0 - 5A adjustable 3 phase current output.

I initially was trying to think of a simple design using variac's and a converter to accomplish this, but size and weight becomes an issue. I would like to try to keep the weight under 30ish lbs.

Would a AC - DC - AC solid state design be the most practicable or is there another way that I'm just not seeing. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!

p.s. Tried the search function, but just didn't see anything that would fit.

I would like to use a wall 120VAC outlet as an input while outputting a regulated 0 - 5A adjustable 3 phase current output.
Do you mean a constant-current output (albeit settable to a desired value), regardless of ouput voltage? Or do you mean that the output voltage is adjustable but the output current can be up to 5A?

Last edited:
Do you mean a constant-current output (albeit settable to a desired value), regardless of ouput voltage? Or do you mean that the output voltage is adjustable but the output current can be up to 5A?

I apologize for not being very clear about that. It would require a 3-phase output that provided a constant current with each phase being independently adjustable from 0 - 5A.

I'm still puzzled. What sort of load are you driving? All AC loads of my acquaintance draw a (more or less) sinusoidally varying current. Or did you intend current-limited rather than constant-current?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…