Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Led Flasher Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are dozens of examples on the web. Rather than guessing at exactly what you want and what you're comfortable with, why not start there?

If you find a circuit that looks promising, post it here for comments and improvements.

I did Google it. Build the damn stuff then it doesn't work. The moment you solder it to Vero board you have to increase the voltage for it to work.
I don't need LMGTFY but assistance on a circuit that actually works. Thats why I was asking the question in the first place. I know how Google works.

This will work fine over a range of voltages, just with some variation in LED brightness.

It should have a reasonable size cap across the power connections (10uF .. 100uF) and also really have a 0.1uF from pin 5 to ground (0V), though in practice it probably won't make much difference.

SqqCW.png

I did Google it. Build the damn stuff then it doesn't work. The moment you solder it to Vero board you have to increase the voltage for it to work.
That's certainly NOT the case - if that's what happening, you're doing something seriously wrong - and you really need to find out what it is, or nothing is likely to ever work for you.

This will work fine over a range of voltages, just with some variation in LED brightness.

It should have a reasonable size cap across the power connections (10uF .. 100uF) and also really have a 0.1uF from pin 5 to ground (0V), though in practice it probably won't make much difference.

SqqCW.png
Thanks do you have one for 2 flashing leds perhaps? Build another Google circuit again that doesn't work.

Thanks do you have one for 2 flashing leds perhaps? Build another Google circuit again that doesn't work.

Post a link to the circuit, and post a picture of how you've built it - just saying it "doesn't work" isn't of any help - there are non-working circuits out there, but it's more likely built wrongly.

Just add another LED and resistor between Pin 3 and positive power.

The two will alternate as the output pin swaps between high and low level.

If the timing of the "Flasher" is NOT critical. A self flashing LED may be your simplest solution. Just add a proper current limiting resistor and you are done.
If you are having trouble with soldered circuits not functioning, you are probably overheating the components. I have toasted many a transistor and 555 back in the day when I first started tinkering using an iron that was WAAAY to hot.

need a simple single Led flasher circuit that can operate from a 9v and 12v source.
Thanks in advance.

From your question, it's unknown if you want to flash a few mA for a 5mm LED, or hundreds of mA for a 1w or even 3w LED – all of which are a "single Led". Also unknown is the flash rate desired, and whether it needs to be adjustable or a precise rate. Plus, nobody knows what your skill level is, or, as it turns out, what you've already tried.

Since I've had Covid, my ESP powers are not so good. I could have taken time (much more time than it took you to write your question) to draw up a schematic, but it probably wouldn't have met some unspecified criterion, in which case you'd be angrier than you are already, and I'd be unhappy I wasted my time trying to help.

A few more details in your question, and posting a schematic and some pictures of what you've tried who have helped the people who are trying to help help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back