single input multiple output switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all

I would like to connect a 2-way radio to a fixed gooseneck mic and two speakers, with the option of using a headset. So the radio needs to be connected to both, but switch between the head set and the fixed equipment. I would like the entire switching to happen with a on-on toggle switch (STSP/DPST/nPST), so that it looks like all the other switches we use.

Sorry if this has been asked ad infinitum, but I have found a switch that does the opposite: switch between multiple inputs and send to a single output. It cannot be adapted to do what I require.

Thank you in advance

Unles I'm mistaken, **broken link removed**has diodes preventing signals going the wrong way. Please confirm for me that I can in fact use it.

Attachments

• njr.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 299
That's what I thought.

I'm thinking flip flops will do the trick, but I'm not sure. Space and mass are at a premium, this is not a studio I'm building, it's an ultralight aircraft.

That's what I thought.

I'm thinking flip flops will do the trick, but I'm not sure. Space and mass are at a premium, this is not a studio I'm building, it's an ultralight aircraft.

Just use a mechanical multiway switch.

Why are you mounting speakers and a gooseneck mic in an aircraft; why not just use headsets?

Because the customers want it so.

We have always given the option of either a head set connector, or an installed mic with speakers. But this has led to requests from customers to at least make provision for both in the same plane. Such a system would also be a more elegant (and cheaper in the long run - fewer installation variations) solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…