Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single input multiple output switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all

I would like to connect a 2-way radio to a fixed gooseneck mic and two speakers, with the option of using a headset. So the radio needs to be connected to both, but switch between the head set and the fixed equipment. I would like the entire switching to happen with a on-on toggle switch (STSP/DPST/nPST), so that it looks like all the other switches we use.

Sorry if this has been asked ad infinitum, but I have found a switch that does the opposite: switch between multiple inputs and send to a single output. It cannot be adapted to do what I require.

Thank you in advance

Unles I'm mistaken, **broken link removed**has diodes preventing signals going the wrong way. Please confirm for me that I can in fact use it.

Attachments

• njr.jpg
    njr.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 296
That's what I thought.

I'm thinking flip flops will do the trick, but I'm not sure. Space and mass are at a premium, this is not a studio I'm building, it's an ultralight aircraft.

Why are you mounting speakers and a gooseneck mic in an aircraft; why not just use headsets?

Because the customers want it so.

We have always given the option of either a head set connector, or an installed mic with speakers. But this has led to requests from customers to at least make provision for both in the same plane. Such a system would also be a more elegant (and cheaper in the long run - fewer installation variations) solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back