sinewave to square wave using LM358

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishav_ghosh

Hi all..Just joined this website..Its really a place of genius..

I got a problem while making a circuit..I was using LM358 as Non-Inverting Schmitt trigger for converting a sine wave to square wave pulse..The input is a sine wave with amplitude maximum 10mv..

I want a output as a square wave starting from 0v to 0.5v peak..

Please help me out...

Thanks in advance..

Hi,
The output square wave will not go down to 0V, if you are using a single supply for the LM358, also the output will switch upto Vsupply -1.5V,,, is the problem you have.??

All you say you have got a problem.

Thanks for the reply "ericgibbs".. Actually i have a magnetic sensor which gives output as a sine wave in 10mv.. I need a circuit to make that output as a square wave pulse ranging from 0v to 5v(peak).. As LM358 can take the input in mv so i choose the amplifier....

can you refer any circuit so that i can solve the issue???

Not problem anymore..

I would suggest a LM393 comparator circuit, the open collector output could be connected to +5Vsupply via a 10K resistor, so the output swing from close to 0V and +5V

Hi,

What do you want this circuit to drive? Only 0 to 0.5v output, the output transistor in a comparator chip may not pull all the way down to zero if you need a true 0.000v output.
So a few more details here will help to determine the best circuit. If you dont need a perfect zero it's ok though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…