Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sincronising in comunication

Status
Not open for further replies.
bingo. i am not trying to implement RS232 over the air i just want to make a radio control.
perhaps my first question should have been how do radio controls work ?

Thunderchild said:
bingo. i am not trying to implement RS232 over the air i just want to make a radio control.
perhaps my first question should have been how do radio controls work ?

They transmit a series of pulses, the width of which varies between 1mS and 2mS, with the joystick in the centre it's about 1.5mS. The receiver sends the correct pulse to each servo, the pulses are what the servos require to work, roughly every 20mS.

But if you're wanting radio control?, you would be FAR better off buying it, the special IC's required are generally difficult to get hold of, and you can buy complete systems for very little money.

where can i buy ?
the nearest shop to my dad that does radio control is an iron monger that charges 150 £ +
are there preprogramed systems available ? that can be assembled ?

Thunderchild said:
where can i buy ?
the nearest shop to my dad that does radio control is an iron monger that charges 150 £ +
are there preprogramed systems available ? that can be assembled ?

Well, funnily enough, there's a radio control model shop only a couple of hundred metres from where I live - however, I've never been in!.

It's a bit bizarre really?, we don't have any other shop, we can't buy a loaf of bread, or a bottle of milk, but we can buy radio control gear 8)
https://www.ajaymodels.co.uk/

They list radio control sets at https://www.ajaymodels.co.uk/page12.html, as these are 'sets' I'm presuming they include servos?, the four channel one does mention it includes NiCd's and a charger.

well just take a look at those bloody prices and tell me if you wouldn't mind killing two birds with one stone (and don't read bird as plane hehe) and make a cheaper system and learn how to do it at the same time hehe.

Thunderchild said:
well just take a look at those bloody prices and tell me if you wouldn't mind killing two birds with one stone (and don't read bird as plane hehe) and make a cheaper system and learn how to do it at the same time hehe.

Assuming the 'set' prices include servo's, then the prices are pretty cheap, on the £99 four channel set, the four servo's would be approaching half of that cost, the transmitter itself is only £25.

So I'm dubious about being able to make it cheaper, particularly with the safety issues!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back