Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Ok..here's a theory question to which I found no convincing answer.. I would appreciate your thoughts on this:

What are:

1. Compiled Simulators
2. Distributed Simulators
3. Mixed Simulators

Here's some info I would on Complied Simulators..the other two are still UFOs:

There are two primary steps for compiled simulators—design compilation and design simulation. During the first step—compilation—the design description code, written in a language such as Verilog, is read by the simulator and converted directly into “executable” code, which can be natively understood by the workstation. This step is similar to compiling the “C” code written by a software engineer, producing a program that can be run on a personal computer (PC). In order to perform the second step, the user must “execute” the code—similar to starting a PC application with a double-click of a mouse. With compiled simulators, the simulation step is usually run several hundred times more often than compilation. This usage ratio of compilation-to-simulation is key to implementing capacity improvements, which will minimally impact hardware resource requirements.

I'm replying to my own post..
Got some info on distributed simulators too..
To enhance the performance of a large-scale simulation model eg:for a commercial power plant, centralized simulation on a single processor is replaced by several concurrent simulations distributed over a network. These decentralized simulations are defined as the subsystems: boiler, turbine-generator, feedwater, and condensate. To maintain the fidelity of a central integration, the subsystems communicate interaction data among themselves using the TCP/IP protocol via a shared memory. The shared memory is utilized further in developing a graphical user interface to provide interactive simulation control while masking the internal complexities and management of multiple simulation programs over a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back