Simulating a transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
Why am I not getting an induced voltage across L2 in the attached sim ?

Attachments

• Transformer.asc
    982 bytes · Views: 244
So close and yet so far.

Your problem is that the statement for mutual inductance above the two inductors is just a comment which the Spice simulation ignores. Click the Spice Directive option in the statement in place of the Comment option and the two inductors will work as a transformer.

An ideal transformer simulation is quite simple, Sceadwian. Don't know why you say it's "drastically more complex"?

Doh! Thanks Crutschow. I'm sure I made that mistake a while back, got round it, then promptly forgot all about the solution. The LTS (un)'Help' merely says the mutual inductance statement should be 'placed as text' !

Hi Carl,

He's probably thinking more towards the phenomenological magnetic models more than the behavioral ones.

Last edited:
Doh! Thanks Crutschow. I'm sure I made that mistake a while back, got round it, then promptly forgot all about the solution. The LTS (un)'Help' merely says the mutual inductance statement should be 'placed as text' !
Yes, that's a confusing Help statement about mutual inductance. If you look at Help about Transformers, it states that the text must be a Spice Directive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…