Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating a transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
Why am I not getting an induced voltage across L2 in the attached sim ?

Attachments

• Transformer.asc
    982 bytes · Views: 240
So close and yet so far.

Your problem is that the statement for mutual inductance above the two inductors is just a comment which the Spice simulation ignores. Click the Spice Directive option in the statement in place of the Comment option and the two inductors will work as a transformer.

An ideal transformer simulation is quite simple, Sceadwian. Don't know why you say it's "drastically more complex"? :confused:

Doh! Thanks Crutschow. I'm sure I made that mistake a while back, got round it, then promptly forgot all about the solution. The LTS (un)'Help' merely says the mutual inductance statement should be 'placed as text' !

Hi Carl,

He's probably thinking more towards the phenomenological magnetic models more than the behavioral ones.

Last edited:
Doh! Thanks Crutschow. I'm sure I made that mistake a while back, got round it, then promptly forgot all about the solution. The LTS (un)'Help' merely says the mutual inductance statement should be 'placed as text' !
Yes, that's a confusing Help statement about mutual inductance. If you look at Help about Transformers, it states that the text must be a Spice Directive.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back