Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating a shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using LTspice is it possable to simulate a shaft with or without a flywheel?
Not at all clear what you are trying to do with an electrical simulation of a mechanical device.(?)

There's got to be an electrical equivalent of a rotating shaft. Yes/no?
Well if it has mass, then it has inertia, so that can be simulated by an inductance.
The inertial energy of a rotating shaft is similar to the energy stored by an inductor with current going through it.
The rotational energy is:
1675746237026.png

The inductive energy is:

E = 1/2 LI²
where L= inductance
I = current

Is that what you are looking for?

Last edited:
That's what I am doing I am using inductors. Your equation looks to be very helpful, thank you.

Ages ago I simulated a DC motor by specifying the rotor's moment of inertia and using behavioural voltage sources and integration functions to represent torque, acceleration, angular velocity, back-emf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back