Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Simple Water Level Indicator"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyRulz

hi...!!
i am in my 3rd semester of Electrical Telecomm. Engineering...!!
Studying electronics-1...!!
A circuit i found on thre net is attached...!!
It uses transistor "BC548"...in my city this transtitor is not available...!!
I have got "C945" transistor...but the circuit is not working...instead the LED remains on ie. no effect of water level...!!
please help...what alterartions are required...??

Attachments

• water%20level%20indicator.gif
    water%20level%20indicator.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 24,198
hi...!!
i am in my 3rd semester of Electrical Telecomm. Engineering...!!
Studying electronics-1...!!
A circuit i found on thre net is attached...!!
It uses transistor "BC548"...in my city this transtitor is not available...!!
I have got "C945" transistor...but the circuit is not working...instead the LED remains on ie. no effect of water level...!!
please help...what alterartions are required...??

hi,
Check the polarity of the battery and are BC548 and C945 the same npn/pnp.???

EDIT:
Do you have datasheet for the C945.?

Last edited:
Both are npn...!!

You say all the LEDs are lit when there is no water.?

I was concerned that you may have read the +9V text near the battery as +V to the left terminal.!

The other point, is the pinout of the C945. check it, in case its different to the BC

Last edited:

I was concerned that you may have read the +9V text near the battery as +V to the left terminal.!

The other point, is the pinout of the C945. check it, in case its different to the BC
no...i have connected the battery as shown in the circuit diagram...ie. +ve terminal in to the water reservoir and to the led and -ve to the emitter...!

and the pin configuration is also different...!!
C945 has base at terminal 3,collector at 2 and emitter at 1...also catered for this too...!!
no result...!!
One of my senior said that resistance values and battery may also effect...??

Bottom view of BC548 from left to right: EBC, bottom view of 2SC945: BCE.

Also water has a relatively high resistance. Depending on the quality it is between several 100K to 10MΩ.

Even if the circuit works for some time it will quit sooner or later due to electrolytic effects using DC.

Boncuk

and the pin configuration is also different...!!
C945 has base at terminal 3,collector at 2 and emitter at 1...also catered for this too...!!
no result...!!
One of my senior said that resistance values and battery may also effect...??

In your opening post you say: .instead the LED remains on ie. no effect of water level...!!

In that case you have wired the circuit incorrectly or blown the transistors C to E s/c..!

I did ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back